Gluten Free Vegetable Pizza
For the crust:
1 cup brown rice flour
½ cup tapioca flour
1 ½ tsp xantham gum
¾ tsp salt
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp fast rise yeast
¾ cup lukewarm water
1 Tbsp oil
1 ½ egg whites, beaten slightly
½ tsp vinegar
For the toppings:
4 oz cream cheese (half the package)
2 Tbsp dry ranch dressing flavor
1 Tbsp milk
¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Your choice of diced vegetables (I did broccoli, carrots, and sweet onions)
For the crust:
1. In a mixer bowl of a heavy-duty mixer, combine flours, xantham gum, salt, sugar, and yeast. Mix well.
2. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs until slightly bubbly. Then add the water, vinegar, and oil. Whisk together.
3. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture. Beat on high for 3 minutes.
4. On a small greased cookie sheet, spread dough out evenly with a spatula. (Note: if you are having trouble spreading the dough, wet the spatula with water and do so as needed. Do not use a rolling pin). It’s ok if the dough doesn’t stretch out through the whole pan.
5. Let the dough rise in a warm area for 20-25 minutes. (I turn the oven to warm and let the bread sit in there to rise)
6. Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until bread is golden brown and crispy.
7. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely. You can put the bread in the freezer or fridge to speed up the cooling process.
For the topping:
1. In a small bowl combine the milk, cream cheese, and dry ranch dressing. Spread evenly over the cooled crust.
2. Then spread the shredded cheese evenly on top of the cream cheese.
3. Top with your favorite diced vegetables