Cranberry Almond Wild Rice Hotdish
• 1.5 c. uncooked wild rice
• 1 T. oil
• 1 tsp. thyme
• 1 tsp. basil
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp. pepper
• 4 medium green onions, chopped
• 2 ½ cups reduced sodium chicken broth
• 3 medium sized chicken breasts, thawed
• 1/2 c. toasted slivered almonds
• 1/3 c. dried cranberries
Grease a medium sized slow cooker. Lay the chicken breasts on the bottom and sprinkle the thyme, basil, garlic powder, and pepper on top of them. Add the green onions and then wild rice. Then put the chicken broth in. Cook on low for about 5 hours or until the chicken and rice are cooked through. Take out the chicken breasts and shred them. Put the chicken breasts back in the slow cooker along with the almonds and cherries. Cook for another 15 minutes. Serve.
****Would be great with leftover thanksgiving turkey****
Gluten Free Fried Rice
3 cups cooked brown rice
3 tbs sesame oil
1 cup frozen peas and carrots (thawed)
1 small onion, chopped (can substitute with onion powder)
2 tsp minced garlic (can substitute with garlic powder
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup Gluten Free Soy Sauce (I used San-J)
On medium high heat, heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the peas/carrots mix, onion and garlic. Stir fry until tender. Lower the heat to medium low and push the mixture off to one side, then pour your eggs on the other side of skillet and stir fry until scrambled. Now add the rice and soy sauce and blend all together well. Stir fry until thoroughly heated.
**You could really play around with this rice too! Try adding some chicken, or peppers.
Easy Spaghetti and Meatballs (Gluten-Free)
1 (15 oz) jar spaghetti sauce (make sure it’s gluten free)
1 lb lean ground beef or turkey (at least 93% lean)
¼ cup gluten free breadcrumbs or ground gluten free oats (use a food processor)
1 tsp garlic salt
½ tsp onion powder
¼ cup parmesan cheese
½ lb gluten free spaghetti noodles, cooked (I prefer the rice noodles from any local Asian market much cheaper than the expensive store brand stuff and tastes just as good as normal noodles)
1. Place spaghetti sauce in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the meat, eggs, crumbs, garlic salt, onion powder, and Parmesan. Shape into meatballs the size of a golf ball.
3. Place the meatballs in the simmering sauce, cover and cook 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
4. Serve over spaghetti noodles.
- 2 cups diced, cooked boneless chicken breasts
- 4 cups Cooked Brown Rice
- 15 ounces, fluid Can Black Beans, Drained And Rinsed
- 1 cup Plain Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
- 4 ounces, fluid Can Green Chilis
- ½ cups Salsa
- OR 15 oz can Rotel or 1 cup fresh Pico de Gallo instead of salsa and green chilis
- 1 cup Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, Plus More For Topping
Preheat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, mix thoroughly to combine. Make sure the yogurt and cheese are stirred in evenly throughout the entire bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired. Transfer to an oven-safe dish and top with extra cheese if you would like. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until heated through and cheese on top is bubbly.